Friday, January 16, 2009

Parkin's Peak

This year we were lucky enough to be invited to spend New Year's Eve and Day up at Glade and Lynn's cabin. The cabin is part of a gated community that really likes to celebrate. Every year they stack up a ton of wood and light up a huge bonfire that lasts for hours. It was a lot of fun to see. Glade, Lynn, and I went to check it out while Emily stayed at the cabin with Kyle and the girls.

The next day the rest of the crew came up. We had a lot of fun snowmobiling, tubing, playing games, chatting, and watching the Running Utes kick Alabama's trash.

On the way home Jason's keys were locked in his Nissan with the engine running. It was a long ordeal but we eventually got through it. Todd and I were lucky enough to spend a good while in eight below weather waiting for the locksmith to come and save the day.

I had some fun with my camera and took a few fun pictures. Todd and I experimented with a HDR picture. HDR stands for high dynamic range. It is a method of capturing a more vivid picture by combining three or more pictures taken of the same image at different exposure levels. The first picture below shows my very first attempt.














This is Ashlyn back at home and happy to be in her own bed.


The girls enjoying the new carpet in the basement.

2 comments:

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

I love all of the updates, always fun to see what the Maynard's are up to! It looks like you have all been busy and having loads of fun! Great pictures by the way, your little ones are soooo cute! I couldn't see Holly's wedding pics for some reason, they aren't popping up but I am sure they turned out wonderful. Some of the pics you took on our wedding day turned out to be my favs. Especially the one of use kissing through the window at our open house in Blanding! Your basement looks great from what I can see in the picture... I am sure it will look even better in person when I come to visit in... March?!?

Zeb, Hilary, & Camden said...

Our GPS was stolen this morning... along with about $1000 worth of other things from our garage. SUCKS!